This guide will show you everything you need to know about Rank Math settings, and also which modules I recommend (or not). I also have the WooCommerce settings for you. Adding schema is also easy to do with the screenshots I made.
1. What is Rank Math?
- Rank Math is a Search Engine Optimization plugin for WordPress that makes it easy for anyone to optimize their content with built-in suggestions based on widely-accepted best practices. Easily customize important SEO settings in the Rank Math settings, control which pages are index ready, and how you want your website to appear in search with Structured data.
Once you’ve completed the installation, you can also check out the tutorial on researching focus keywords and an on-page SEO checklist.
I will also cover Rank Math Pro (affiliate link). I think Rank Math Pro is really worthwhile, but only if you are willing to learn what it can actually do for your SEO, and then foremost the diagrams. Furthermore, I then deleted all my other SEO plugins and started using Rank Math as the only SEO plugin, but that’s completely up to you.
2. Next Step
If you haven’t switched to Rank Math yet, use the setup wizard to easily import your SEO data from your old SEO plugin (i.e. Yoast) to Rank Math. Install the Rank Math plugin, sign up for an account, connect it, and use the setup wizard to import your SEO data to Rank Math. You can also import schema from WP Schema Pro and All In One Schema under Status & Tools.
3. How to install and configure the Rank Math SEO plugin?
As with any other WordPress plugin, Rank Math is also quite easy to install and configure. The process is so simple that even beginners can install the plugin and set it up without any problems.
Let’s now take a step-by-step look at how to install and set up the Rank Math SEO plugin:
Step 1: Install the plugin on your website and activate it
To install and activate Rank Math, you need to log into your WordPress dashboard and then go to Plugins> Add. Then “install”.
After that, you would see the search box at the very top, on the right side.
Type Rank Math there and look for the plug-in.
Once you’ve found your plugin, click the Install Now button. After installing, click the Activate button. This is how you fully install Rank Math on your website.
Step 2: Create a Rank Math account
After you have installed and activated the plugin, you will need to start the installation wizard. But before that, it would be a good idea if you create your Rank Math account and then link it to your website. And then you can continue with your installation process.
To create a Rank Math account, you need to go to their official website and from there you can register yourself there.
Another way is: WordPress Dashboard >> Rank Math >> Dashboard >> Help to go and click on the Connect Now button. Once you click on the button, you will be redirected to their website and there you can create a new Rank Math account.
Step 3: Select user mode
First, you will be asked to select the user mode. As you can see, Rank Math currently has 3 modes: Easy, Advanced and Custom Mode (Pro only). You can select any of these, but the custom mode is only available to Rank Math Pro users.
Next, you will see the Start Wizard button, which you need to click on to start the installation wizard. From here, you will officially start setting up the wizard.
Step 4: Setting up the Wizard
Next, you will go to the Your Website option. There you can add basic information about your website. Such as the type of website you are using, the logo for Google, the default image for social sharing, etc.
After that, you can also configure:
- Connecting to Google services.
- Sitemap configuration.
- Adjust some SEO settings, such as making external links nofollow, redirecting, etc.
When you’re done, click the Save and Continue button to complete the installation wizard
Step 5: Advanced options
After you complete the installation wizard, you can either set Advanced options or Return to dashboard in the Rank Math settings. In the advanced option, you can take care of Role Management, 404 / Redirect and Schema Formatting.
So this is how you install and set up Rank Math from scratch. It is very simple and easy to configure. If you still find it difficult, go to Easy Mode during the installation process for accessible Rank Math settings.
In the Rank Math Dashboard, you’ll find everything you need to provide a better user experience and create an SEO-friendly website. There you will find modules like 404 monitor, AMP, sitemap, SEO for images, role manager, etc.
4. Use Rank Math – How to optimize your posts / page’s for SEO?
- In this section, we will talk about several features of Rank Math that will help you optimize your website in getting a better ranking in search engines. Let’s look at the use of these features separately and try to understand their importance in optimizing your posts and page’s for SEO
5. How user-friendly is Rank Math’s user interface?
- Rank Math comes with a fairly clean and easy to use yet quite powerful user interface. The visually appealing Rank Math settings makes it easier to distinguish all the features of this plug-in.
As you can see above, Rank Math settings perfectly indicates what’s good and what can be improved. In the example above (from my own website), you can see that my keyword I entered is not in the URL of the post, and that’s easy to fix. But if I hadn’t installed Rank Math I didn’t know this, and it would have a negative effect on my search results in Google.
When creating or editing posts with Rank Math, you can view the SEO information in two different places in the editor. With the Gutenberg block editor, you can see the information in the sidebar of the editor.
If you use the classic editor (which is rarely used anymore, but some people still use it), you can only find the SEO analysis section at the bottom of the page.
In the same way, you can also check each keyword to see how well your content is SEO optimized for that keyword. With Rank Math, you can optimize your content with up to 5 keywords in the free version.If you look at those tips again, you’ll see that the number of suggestions that were there also decreased.
6. What is Rank Math’s pricing?
- Let’s now talk about the prices and costs involved in using Rank Math.
- Rank Math is a freemium WordPress plugin, which means you get this plugin for both free and premium subscriptions. If you want a free version of this plugin, you can download it from the official WordPress plugin directory.
- However, if you or your business wants to use all the great options that this plugin offers, you can opt for the premium plans. When it comes to premium subscriptions, Rank Math has two different subscriptions to offer.
The first one is called Pro Plan and costs $59 / year (about €48). It can be used for an unlimited number of personal websites and can track up to 500 keywords.
The second is called Business Plan, which costs $199 / year (about €160). It can be used in an unlimited number of personal and client websites and can track up to 10,000 keywords. This plan is perfect for all freelancers, internet entrepreneurs, businesses and agencies.
However, if after purchasing this plugin you think that this is not the right choice for you, they guarantee your money back within 30 days.
7. What are the Customer support options?
- Rank Math settings offers you many great features within the free version that sometimes become extremely overwhelming for many users. Therefore, you may get stuck while using these features.
- The best thing you can do if you need help is to go to their official website and click on the HELP menu at the top of the page. If you click on that, you will see two options: support and knowledge base.
- If you click on the Knowledge Base option, you will find all the pre-written information you require, starting from plugin requirements to troubleshooting 404 errors. You can also type the questions and search for your answer.
- Similarly, the Support option will redirect you to another page, and there you can search for your questions. It will then offer you a suitable solution from its Knowledge Base or on the Blog.
- You can also check out the support forum at WordPress.org. This is really a good place for free users looking for help.
If you still require help, you can also open a Ticket. There you can explain your problem and then the team of experts will contact you to provide you with the solution. However, you must first create a Rank Math account in order to open a ticket.
But if you only want expert support, you need to buy one of their premium subscriptions. If you choose the business plan, you get 24/7 priority support. Otherwise, you only get 24/7 standard customer support.
8. Our final verdict on Rank Math – Do we recommend it?
- After a lot of testing and practical use, Rank Math has the potential to be that SEO plugin that can do the job of 5-7 plugins by itself. It is quite easy to use and provides you with a better experience than the other SEO plugins we have used so far.
- This is why we think you should definitely try it, whether you are a beginner or an SEO expert. Because it will guarantee you a better SEO optimization of your WordPress website.
- However, we recommend that you install and explore it yourself to really understand how easy it is to use it as an everyday SEO tool. 5 stars!