An extensive overview of ConvertKit is the prime tool for successful e-mail marketing
– The most effective form of online marketing?
- If you ask any experienced businessperson and online marketer, this question: most effective form of online marketing? E-mail marketing will be the absolute answer.
We start with the basics.
The structural collection of subscribers and the regular sending of a digital newsletter – with the aim of creating trust, gaining a ’top-of-the-mind’position and promoting products.
1. Why create and send a newsletter?
- It ensures that you stay in touch with both new and old visitors.
- It is one of the most important reasons for creating a newsletter.
- Email is one of the most direct forms of communication you have as a marketer. Everyone reads their email and the chance of them reading your newsletter is many times greater than clicking on a tweet, a Facebook post or an advertisement.
- If you have a new newsletter, it will be one of the most direct forms of communication you have as a marketer.
- If you publish a new blog article and share it via the newsletter. When you have had a newsletter for a while, you will get hundreds of visitors in one go. You won’t get that many visitors with a tweet or a
- If you publish a new blog article and share it via the newsletter, you will get hundreds of visitors in one go.
- The chance that returning readers will share your blog posts is a lot higher than that of casual readers.
2. ConvertKit: Paid Email Marketing Software, For Who?
- An email marketing provider for professionals. Websites such as Smart Passive Income, CopyHackers and ZenHabits use ConvertKit.
3. What are the benefits of ConvertKit?
- You can create multiple signup forms – and place them in specific locations – and see how they perform day-to-day.
- You can directly upload separate bonuses (such as an e-book) for each signup form, and they will be sent out automatically.
- Not only that, but you can also upload your own bonuses (such as an e-book). These are then sent automatically.
- You can create separate landing pages for the registration forms.
- All registration forms are automatically uploaded.
- All registration forms look professional and clean.
- You can easily schedule mailings in series.
- You can send registrants a number of emails
- You can easily place subscribers in separate lists (and thus send very targeted e-mails).
- Not only that, but you can set rules. If a subscriber clicks on a link in the newsletter to an article about ‘copywriting’, the subscriber can automatically be placed in a ‘copywriting’ list.
4. Newsletter statistics for ConvertKit
Here you can see the statistics of the newsletter. You can also see the open rate (the percentage that opens a newsletter), click rate (the percentage that clicks on a link in the newsletter) and the number of
unsubscribes. They do have a really nice graph for the number of new registrants. The most effective form of online marketing.
You can see from the graph the amount of registrants each registration form produces. And this can be extremely valuable when optimizing a registration form. You can spend more energy and time on the forms which are generating the most (or you can apply the tactics used on the best performing forms to those which are not).
5. Subscription form ConvertKit example
Those look pretty tight. You can customize the format completely. And you can put signup forms in articles themselves, on a separate landing page or as a ‘slide in box’ (which slides out when you’ve read ± 40% of an article).
Each form also has clear statistics.
And when you click on a ‘form’ you can also edit the form directly.
Newsletter template and designs
6. Create, design and send the newsletter
Pretty straightforward. With a WYSIWYG editor.