Content marketing can help your business in many ways. It can help you build a strong brand, connect with your target audience and get qualified leads, to name just a few. You can use it as one of the key components of your marketing strategy. Creating valuable and consistent content that your target audience will find relevant will not only attract them, but also keep them.
Content marketing is quite simple. You just need to create content and formulate it in such a way that your target audience will be attracted and converted into paying customers. This will take time, effort, sometimes money and patience on your part. But once you have developed a powerful content marketing strategy, you can enjoy the benefits it offers.
1. What are the right tools to do content marketing?
Some of the most popular are the following:
- Email advertising
Which type you want to focus on depends on your business and resources. There is no one-size-fits-all here. What works for your competitor may not work for you, and vice versa.
To make things easier, we’ve listed the best forms of content marketing with WordPress that you can use today to grow your business.
2. What is content marketing?
- Content marketing is a method of indirect marketing. It applies to the way online users search for information on the Internet and to the way they share it. It also includes the creation of online materials that are relevant to your brand. These can be in written, video or visual form.
However, content marketing is not about hard sells. You don’t just tell your potential customers to buy this now. It’s not just about your brand or products, either. The focus here is your customers and not you.
Therefore, you want to raise awareness of your brand by giving them the information they find valuable. You want to pique their interest. Similarly, you need to make it easy for them to find you online by making the offer or your knowledge search engine friendly.
Simply put, content marketing is a promotional tool. You can use it to engage your target audience by consistently offering them valuable and useful content that can help or inspire their daily lives.
3. Is content marketing the same as advertising?
- Content marketing is a little different from an old-fashioned advertisement. Don’t think of it as a replacement for advertising or reaching your current and new customers. Instead, content marketing helps improve your marketing efforts without the time pressure.
The ultimate goal of content marketing is to provide information, expand your reach, create awareness and get your name, products or services out there. It is a long-term effort. But with patience and hard work, you will be able to become an authority in your niche and eventually acquire new customers.
The main concept of content marketing is to help consumers find the best possible solution to their problems. You want them to remember your company when they need to buy something related to your brand, company, niche, industry product or service. From a marketer’s point of view, you are actually more of a teacher than a salesperson.
4. What types of marketing can I use to grow my business?
1. Blogging and guest blogging
Blogging is an excellent tool to use in your digital marketing strategy. And the beauty of it is that it’s free. Although setting up a high-performing blog can take some time, it offers your business many opportunities if done right.
In addition, consider guest blogging or requesting to be quoted or interviewed as an expert on other blogs and sites related to your expertise or niche. Next, design a media page on your company’s official website and link the relevant articles to it. Then share this page with your customers and prospects via social media. Contributing to other blogs has the following benefits:
It increases awareness of your brand or company by linking back to your own website.
You can maximize your reach by letting new audiences know that you have all the skills and knowledge about your industry or niche.
2. Email advertising
Email marketing is another solid tool to add to your digital marketing arsenal. It allows you to gather vital information from your target audience while presenting your brand to them. Moreover, email marketing allows you to quickly build a relationship with your customers. This is an essential element in turning them into paying customers and keeping them.
With the help of MailChimp, for example, you can easily collect and manage e-mail addresses and, of course, create and send newsletters in compliance with the AVG regulations.
3. Create a Facebook company page
- Setting up a Facebook business page is a must these days. No matter what you offer or sell, chances are that Facebook is where you will find your potential customers.
- Although the popularity of some social media platforms is on the rise, Facebook still beats them when it comes to active users. And we are talking about more than 2 billion active users every month!
- So if your business has a dedicated Facebook page, you can reach your target audience and potential customers in a more engaging way. You can engage with them for a much deeper engagement.
4. Video marketing
Video marketing or vlogging is doing very well at the moment. This is because you can use videos to present your products, services or ideas even better than words can. You can use the best and most beautiful adjectives, but nothing beats seeing the actual product in action.
Nowadays, you see countless videos on different social media channels where different companies demonstrate and promote their products or services.
The options below make it easy to create video:
- Facebook Live
- IG TV
- Instagram Story
Creating videos allows you to show a different side of yourself to your followers. Likewise, it gives your brand a face, which in turn creates deep engagement. So make sure you integrate your content marketing strategy with video marketing.
5. Social media images
Images come in all shapes and sizes. Not only can they add value to your audience, but they are also a great way to engage them. Some images you can use are:
- Thrilling questions
If you want to appeal to a wider audience, make sure the images you post or share are diverse. If you are not good at designing images, you can easily create your own with free image design apps for mobile or desktop.
There are a number of ways you can make podcasting part of your marketing content efforts:
- Start your own podcasting
- Get someone from the podcasting world related to your industry to interview you
- Having your own podcast is undoubtedly great for your brand and building its audience. However, it can take some time for it to take hold.
- So instead of creating a podcast right away, why not appear on a few podcasts first and decide if you like the format? With over a million podcasts out there today, there are plenty of opportunities to be interviewed.
- You have two options when planning your e-book strategy. You can offer a free e-book or make it available for purchase.
- Not only that, but you’re probably scratching your head right now, wondering why you want to offer something you spent hours making for free, right? The answer is clear and simple. Your email list will benefit significantly.
- Therefore, make sure that whatever topic you have in mind for your e-book, it should correspond to the product or service you are offering. As you grow your email list, you can build a deeper conversation with your future customers.
- Every time online users share your content, your company and brand are shown to a larger audience. That means more new and potential customers, giving your business a great opportunity for growth.